“As our company continues to grow across the Southeast and out into adjacent markets, the Bojangles’ family is expanding as well. And we are a better, stronger company because of the diverse community of servant leaders we are creating. Across the organization, our servant leaders work day-in and day-out to behave responsibly and with integrity.
Working together, we are using the power and strength of the Bojangles’ brand to improve the lives of children, provide nourishment at local food banks, helping to improve education in local schools, fundraising for organizations that support those in need, and so much more. I am very excited about the many opportunities ahead of us to do good, while we do well.”
– Clifton Rutledge, Bojangles’ President & CEO
BOJANGLES’ CSR JOURNEY
At Bojangles’, we value what our customers value. And, we are on a mission to win the hearts of our customers by delivering quality and service all day, every day. We are focused on taking measured, responsible actions to improve our communities, support our team members, and steward our resources, while continuing to offer the one-of-a-kind Bojangles’ menu that our committed fans love.
As a company, we believe we have a responsibility to be part of the solution when it comes to social and environmental issues in the food industry. From our leadership team to our master biscuit makers, and from our corporate operations to our restaurant kitchens, we strive to embed excellence, responsibility and stewardship into all we do across our organization. That’s why we are moving forward with an informed, thoughtful approach to corporate social responsibility, building upon our ongoing commitment to the communities we serve and doing good, while we do well.
STRONG COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
- Over 18 years, Bojangles’ has raised more than $5 million for the Muscular Dystrophy Assocation (MDA) through the company’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy Fundraiser and the MDA Golf Classic. Bojangles’ was recently named one of the MDA’s national top-10 fundraising partners.
- Since 2010, Bojangles’ has donated more than 18,000 books to South Carolina public schools and has raised more than $95,000 in support of a better learning experience for the state’s public school students.
- In response to severe flooding in South Carolina in 2015, Bojangles’ partnered with the American Red Cross to raise funds as part of the natural disaster and recovery effort.
- Local Bojangles’restaurants participate in a variety of fundraisers and community events throughout the year.
“We always look forward to partnering with Bojangles’ and their restaurant teams on the Shamrocks Against Dystrophy fundraiser. These funds will ensure that children across the Southeast will have tremendous and life-changing camp experiences.”
– Amy Meyers, MDA of Charlotte Executive Director
The Bojangles’ Team
- We are proud to offer competitive compensation for company-owned restaurant staff, and remain committed to our record of creating clear pathways to success for all those who join our organization.
- Bojangles’ is committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
- Our teams adhere to a strict safety policy designed to maintain the health and safety of our team members.
- Bojangles’ company restaurant staff receives discounted meals, flexible schedules, weekly pay and opportunities for career growth.
“Working with this company is more than just a job; it’s an opportunity to meet interesting people and share the Bojangles’ experience with the entire community.”
– Tony Birch, Bojangles’ Field Marketing Manager
Our Food & Menu
- Bojangles’ requires that its vendors and suppliers adhere to specific guidelines related to how they source and deliver fresh high-quality ingredients to our restaurants.
- All Bojangles’ poultry processors follow the National Chicken Council Animal Welfare for Broiler Chicken guidelines.
- Conversations with our protein suppliers leave us confident that tremendous progress is being made toward eliminating their use of antibiotics important to human medicine by 2020. We are committed to working through our industry partners to support and encourage this change.
- We are committed to working collaboratively with our suppliers and consulting regularly with animal welfare experts to ensure that animal welfare best practices are a part of our supply chain requirements.
- In 2016, Bojangles’ announced its plan to transition to 100 percent cage-free eggs, joining a handful of other companies committed to transitioning by 2025.
- Bojangles’ maintains strict policy and procedural standards for ensuring the quality and safety of the foods we serve our customers.
“We understand that social and environmental issues like the humane treatment of animals and the impact of our operational footprint are important to many of our customers, and causes that improve the communities we serve are important to us as well.”
– Kenny Avery, Bojangles’ SVP & COO