This Thanksgiving, we’re unable to offer Seasoned Fried Turkeys.
We know. It’s a bummer.
The good news is you can still have authentic Bojangles flavor in your Thanksgiving meal by using these recipes.
3 cups apple cider
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup kosher salt
3 tablespoons tricolor peppercorns
5 whole bay leaves
5 cloves of garlic minced
4 sprigs rosemary, leaves stripped off
Peel of 3 large oranges, removed in large strips
Bojangles French Fry Seasoning
- Combine 2 gallons cold water with apple cider, brown sugar, salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, rosemary and orange peels in a large pot. Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat and cover.
- Allow to cool completely, then place into the fridge to chill. Place uncooked turkey in the chilled brine solution, then refrigerate 24 hours.
- When ready to roast the turkey, remove from the brine. Submerge the turkey in a clean pot or sink of fresh, cold water. Allow to sit in the clean water for 30 minutes to remove excess salt from the outside of the bird.
- Discard the brine. Remove the turkey from the clean water and pat dry. Liberally season the neck and body cavity with Bojangles French Fry Seasoning (available online!) then continue to season the rest of the turkey and roast according to your favorite method.
4 cups of Bojangles Biscuit crumbs
4 cups cornbread crumbs
6 celery ribs, chopped
2 large onions, chopped
1/3 cup melted butter
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 ½ cups turkey broth
½ cup milk
- Spread biscuit and cornbread crumbs in an ungreased pan. Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes or until crumbs are toasted, stirring twice.
- Sauté celery and onion in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Remove from heat. Combine sautéed mixture, toasted crumbs, parsley and next three ingredients. Stir in broth and milk. Spoon dressing into a greased 13” X 9”pan. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour until browned.
- Let stand at room temperature until close to serving. Just before serving, reheat at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Don’t feel like cooking? Many of our restaurants are open on Thanksgiving Day. Order a Big Bo Box® full of chicken, biscuits, fixin’s, and tea and make everyone happy. Find your nearest location here.