Committed to the Communities We Serve
Minority Franchisee Program
In 2020, Bojangles created a Minority Franchisee Program to address the under-representation of minority groups in the U.S. franchise industry. The program seeks to recruit, train, mentor and provide funding support and other resources to entrepreneurs. It also ensures that our franchisee pool represents the diversity of the communities we serve.
Accelerated Management Trainee Program
Bojangles is always looking for passionate, motivated and energetic individuals to join its Accelerated Management Trainee program. This program is designed to increase diversity and opportunity within Bojangles restaurants and corporate offices. This training program is a six- to nine-month process that exposes employees to a variety of positions. During this time, employees get hands on experience that will prepare them for management with Bojangles.
North Carolina Second Chance Initiative
Bojangles employs more than 70 people through its partnership with the Center for Community Transitions, which helps people with past criminal convictions access jobs and find success upon returning to the community. CCT provides high quality workforce readiness training, skill-building and ongoing support to prepare candidates to be high-performing employees. As part of its Second Chance Initiative, Bojangles’ has joined the national movement to “Ban to Box” on its job applications and updated its background check and review process to reduce employment barriers for candidates. Since this Initiative began in 2019, we are proud to report a 75% lower turnover rate among Second Chance employees than the company average. Moreover, 14% of these employees have been promoted into management positions
Diversity and Inclusion Task Force
We seek to continuously improve diversity and inclusion by creating a culture where all Bojangles employees are respected and valued for their diverse skills, experiences and ideas. Bojangles’ Diversity and Inclusion Task Force unites employees from all levels of our organization and advises executive leadership on how the company can bring this culture to life. Begun in 2020, this committee focuses on researching best practices, building a plan, initiating new programs, and evaluating progress in promoting an inclusive company culture.
Bojangles Animal Welfare Position Statement
Bojangles’ has been committed to improving animal welfare within our supply chain for several years. Like others in the QSR industry, we support and encourage improving the lives of poultry raised for human consumption.
While Bojangles’ is not directly involved in raising, transporting or processing broiler chickens, we are working collaboratively with our suppliers and consulting with animal welfare experts to get a balanced perspective and align on best practices for the Bojangles’ organization.
At Bojangles’ we maintain a strict policy and procedural standards for ensuring the quality and safety of the foods we serve our customers. As part of that commitment, we require that all our suppliers adhere to specific guidelines related to how they source and deliver fresh high-quality ingredients to our restaurants. For example, all Bojangles’ poultry processors follow the National Chicken Council Animal Welfare for Broiler Chicken guidelines. Our protein suppliers are also regularly inspected by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
As the poultry industry continues to evolve and rigorous scientific research drives best practices and real change, we are committed to being part of the solution when it comes to the issue of animal welfare.
Bojangles CSR Journey
At Bojangles’, we value what our customers value. And, we are on a mission to win the hearts of our customers by delivering quality and service all day, every day. We are focused on taking measured, responsible actions to improve our communities, support our team members, and steward our resources, while continuing to offer the one-of-a-kind Bojangles’ menu that our committed fans love.
As a company, we believe we have a responsibility to be part of the solution when it comes to social and environmental issues in the food industry. From our leadership team to our master biscuit makers, and from our corporate operations to our restaurant kitchens, we strive to embed excellence, responsibility and stewardship into all we do across our organization. That’s why we are moving forward with an informed, thoughtful approach to corporate social responsibility, building upon our ongoing commitment to the communities we serve and doing good, while we do well.
Strong Community Partnerships
- Over 18 years, Bojangles’ has raised more than $5 million for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) through the company’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy Fundraiser and the MDA Golf Classic. Bojangles’ was recently named one of the MDA’s national top-10 fundraising partners.
- Since 2010, Bojangles’ has donated more than 18,000 books to South Carolina public schools and has raised more than $95,000 in support of a better learning experience for the state’s public school students.
- In response to severe flooding in South Carolina in 2015, Bojangles’ partnered with the American Red Cross to raise funds as part of the natural disaster and recovery effort.
- Local Bojangles’restaurants participate in a variety of fundraisers and community events throughout the year.
“We always look forward to partnering with Bojangles’ and their restaurant teams on the Shamrocks Against Dystrophy fundraiser. These funds will ensure that children across the Southeast will have tremendous and life-changing camp experiences.”
– Amy Meyers, MDA of Charlotte Executive Director
The Bojangles’ Team
- We are proud to offer competitive compensation for company-owned restaurant staff, and remain committed to our record of creating clear pathways to success for all those who join our organization.
- Bojangles’ is committed to providing a welcoming, safe, and inclusive environment that reflects the diversity of our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
- Our teams adhere to a strict safety policy designed to maintain the health and safety of our team members.
- Bojangles’ company restaurant staff receives discounted meals, flexible schedules, weekly pay and opportunities for career growth.
- Bojangles’ requires that its vendors and suppliers adhere to specific guidelines related to how they source and deliver fresh high-quality ingredients to our restaurants
- All Bojangles’ poultry processors follow the National Chicken Council Animal Welfare for Broiler Chicken guidelines.
- All approved protein suppliers for Bojangles’ are inspected by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Each meets or exceeds the US Government requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Facilities are regularly audited by third-party auditors for good manufacturing practices (GMP) and food safety. Additionally, there are third-party animal welfare audits conducted with each of our suppliers.
- Conversations with our protein suppliers leave us confident that tremendous progress is being made toward eliminating their use of antibiotics important to human medicine by 2020. We are committed to working through our industry partners to support and encourage this change.
- We are committed to working collaboratively with our suppliers and consulting regularly with animal welfare experts to ensure that animal welfare best practices are a part of our supply chain requirements.
- In 2016, Bojangles’ announced its plan to transition to 100 percent cage-free eggs, joining a handful of other companies committed to transitioning by 2025.
- Bojangles’ maintains a strict policy and procedural standards for ensuring the quality and safety of the foods we serve our customers.
- Bojangles’ is not directly involved in the raising, transporting or processing of chickens. We utilize chicken suppliers that meet or exceed National Chicken Council guidelines to ensure the ethical treatment of animals.
Broiler Chicken Welfare
- Bojangles’ remains dedicated to animal welfare and the humane treatment of broiler chickens based on the National Chicken Council guidelines, which exceed USDA requirements.
- We are committed to continuously improving animal welfare within our supply chain, and working with the poultry industry to continue to provide the high quality products our consumers demand.
- Bojangles’ has been working with the poultry industry and others to help develop solutions and drive progress in the areas of environmental conditions and stocking density.
- We continue to work collaboratively with the broiler industry and consult regularly with animal welfare experts to get a balanced perspective and align on best practices for our organization.
- As the poultry industry continues to evolve and rigorous scientific research drives best practices and real change, we are committed to being part of the solution when it comes to the issue of animal welfare.
“We understand that social and environmental issues like the humane treatment of animals and the impact of our operational footprint are important to many of our customers, and causes that improve the communities we serve are important to us as well.”
– Brian K. Little, Bojangles’ Corporate Communications Director