“SPLITSIES CHALLENGE” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND D.C. (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND) WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (19 IN ALABAMA) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Splitsies Challenge (“Sweepstakes”), you must, at the time of Entry (as hereinafter defined), (i) be a legal resident of and reside in the United States and D.C. (excluding Rhode Island) and (ii) be 18 years of age (19 for residents of Alabama) or older. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and directors of Bojangles’ Restaurants, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Bojangles’ ® franchisees, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, franchisees, officers, directors, and employees, and all others engaged in the development, production or distribution of promotional materials or prizes for this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and their spouses and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and members of the same household of such individuals (whetherrelated or not) are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize until Entrant’s eligibility as the Sweepstakes winner has been verified, Entrant has been notified that verification is complete, Entrant has completed and submitted all required forms (including an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, if required) and Entrant has otherwise complied with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on July 10, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on July 31, 2023 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible individual (an eligible individual who enters the Sweepstakes pursuant to these Official Rules, an “Entrant”) may enter the Sweepstakes using either or both of the following methods of entry (each valid entry using one of the following methods, an “Entry”):
a. INSTAGRAM: To enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram, during the Sweepstakes Period, an individual must post a photo or video to Instagram showing either the new Bojangles Carolina Gold Chicken Sandwich, or the Bojangles BBQ Chicken Sandwich, with the hashtag “#SplitsiesChallenge” and tagging the handle @bojangles (the “Bojangles Instagram Account”) (a “Sweepstakes Instagram Post”) from an account that follows the Bojangles Instagram Account at the time the Sweepstakes Instagram Post is made, and from that time through the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
b. TIKTOK: To enter the Sweepstakes via TikTok, during the Sweepstakes Period, an individual must post a video to TikTok showing either the new Bojangles Carolina Gold Chicken Sandwich, or the Bojangles BBQ Chicken Sandwich with the hashtag “SplitsiesChallenge” and tagging the handle @bojangles (the “Bojangles TikTok Account”) (the “Sweepstakes TikTok Post”) from an account that follows the Bojangles TikTok Account at the time the Sweepstakes TikTok Post is made, and from that time through the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
To register for a free Instagram or TikTok account, follow the onscreen instructions to register at instagram.com (for an Instagram account) and at tiktok.com (for a TikTok account). The name of the person submitting an Entry into the Sweepstakes must be the name of the authorized account holder of the Instagram and/or TikTok account used to enter, otherwise, the Entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account and/or TikTok account used during the Entry process. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a social media platform by such platform. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor will not correspond with Entrants regarding receipt of Entries.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, and their agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to the Entrant. All Entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned or deleted.
4. ENTRY LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per social media platform, regardless of the number of Instagram accounts and/or TikTok accounts such person may hold. No Entrant may enter the Sweepstakes more than twice, once per social media platform. Any use of automated, robotic, macro, programmed or similar quick-entry programs or other attempts to exceed the maximum number of entries permitted is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES: By submitting an Entry, the Entrant agrees that the Entrant’s submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Entities under any obligation. The Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to the Entrant. By acceptance of the Entrant’s submission, Entrant acknowledges that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than the Entrant. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must comply with these Official Rules and the relevant Instagram and TikTok network posting guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that is accompanied by any comment or content which: (a) is sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (b) promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) is obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) promotes terrorist or violent acts such as providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (e) defames, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about the Sponsor, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) contains trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others (except the Sponsor’s), or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except the Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) contains trademarks or contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by the Sponsor) without permission; (h) contains background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant; (i) contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the entrant, without permission; (j) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities wishes to associate; (k) depicts a violation of any law or is posted in violation of any law.
ENTRIES ACCOMPANIED BY POSTS/COMMENTS TO INSTAGRAM AND TIKTOK ARE NOT EDITED BY THE SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE SPONSOR OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any Entry which is inappropriate or does not comply with the terms of this Section 5, or block any Entrant on TikTok or Instagram, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and Sponsor will award the prizes by any reasonable method it deems to be fair and equitable in its discretion.
6. PRIZE DRAWING; ODDS: Sponsor will select the potential winners of the Prizes by conducting a random drawing on or about July 31, 2023 from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
PRIZES: Two (2) grand prizes (the “Grand Prizes”) will be awarded to two (2) winners, and eleven (11) additional prizes (the “Additional Prizes”) will be awarded to eleven (11) winners (the Grand Prizes, together with the Additional Prizes, the “Prizes”). The same individual cannot win more than one (1) Prize in this Sweepstakes. The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize shall not exceed Five Hundred Dollars ($500), and the approximate retail value of each Additional Prize shall not exceed Two Hundred Dollars ($200). The Prizes are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
One (1) randomly drawn winner will receive the “Lee Brice Prize”. The Lee Brice Prize includes:
One (1) randomly drawn winner the “Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Prize”. The Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Prize includes:
Seven (7) randomly drawn winners will each receive one (1) of the following Additional Prizes:
No alternate prize is available. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities for any travel delays or travel cancellations. Awarding of any Prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. For additional Prize-related limitations and conditions, please see Section 8.
7. PRIZE NOTIFICATION & VERIFICATION: The potential Prize winner will be notified via direct message, depending on the method of entry used by the potential winner in entering the Sweepstakes. If a potential Prize winner does not respond to the notification within 24 hours of the initial attempt, he or she may be disqualified and the prize awarded to an alternate winner. The winner is subject to verification. Each potential winner will be required to provide Sponsor a valid physical mailing address (not a P.O. Box) within the time stated in the message notification. Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, also be required to complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability, and, if legally permissible, a Publicity Release, and a W-9 form, within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible Entries received. Only one (1) alternate winner will be selected.
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS: All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. No transfers, cash awards, or prize substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute all or any portion of the prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Any portion of any Prize not accepted or used by the winner will be forfeited. Any Prize depiction is for illustrative purposes only. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all travel and applicable federal, state, and local taxes on the Prize. If applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the Prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner.
If the Prize winner or any guest of winner does not meet any criteria contained in these Official Rules, Sponsor may choose (in its sole discretion) to disqualify the winner and notify an alternate potential winner (time permitting). Winner’s guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 if a resident of Alabama) as of the commencement of the Sweepstakes Period. In the event any Prize item is described generally, the specific make, model, and any other specification related to such item will be selected by Sweepstakes Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion. All gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions related to such gift card as set by its related issuer. The Prize event dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the Prize awarded will govern in the event the Prize events are not conducted due to weather conditions, an act of God, and an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, pandemic, or any other reason. Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, act of terrorism, civil disturbances, pandemic, work stoppage or any other disaster or natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Prize events.
Any and all costs, fees, and expenses not expressly stated in the Prize description are solely the responsibility of the Prize winner. If the actual value of a Prize is lower than the approximate retail value for the Prize stated in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded. The Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or Prize travel documents.
9. PUBLICITY: Where permitted by law, by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant grants Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use any materials submitted by Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes as well as the Entrant's name, portrait, picture, likeness, voice, statements attributable to him/her, city and state of residence, and other biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation.
10. CONDUCT: By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which are a contract and include limitations and rights and remedies, and the decisions of Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and Sponsor will award the prizes by any reasonable method it deems to be fair and equitable in its discretion.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Entities, as well as their respective officers, directors, owners, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents of each of the foregoing, as well as Instagram and TikTok (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible, and will have no liability for, (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Sweepstakes, the communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage, or processing of entries, or the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) any force majeure event or any other event outside Sponsor’s control that may cause any alteration, postponement or cancellation of any part of the Sweepstakes or any prize; (c) any injury or damage to any individual or property due to any potential winner’s claiming of a prize or any Sweepstakes-related activity undertaking by any participant, potential winner, or winner; (d) any illegible or unclear phone numbers, address, or entry information provided, any failure on behalf of a potential winner to check or receive a direct message or to respond to any winner direct message sent. THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR OTHER DAMAGE OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF ANY PRIZE WINNER’S USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE. By entering, each entrant fully releases, covenants not to sue, and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of the operation of the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, receipt or use (or misuse) of any prize or prize component and/or any use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damages, loss, and/or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes, or the redemption, acceptance, receipt or use or any prize or prize component. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, printing, production or other error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of any prize or notification of any winner. In no event will more prizes than the number stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Each winner agrees to execute such additional release(s), waiver(s) of liability and/or agreement(s) as may be required by a provider of a prize component, within the time period specified by Sponsor or the provider, if so required.
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; VENUE; JURISDICTION: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys&#39; fees; and (c) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND BY ENTERING EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES. All issues and questions arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules must be instituted solely and exclusively in the federal or state courts located in Mecklenburg County in the State of North Carolina, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising from or relating to the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules.
15. RULES/WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of the winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 31, 2023 to: Splitsies Challenge Sweepstakes, Marketing Department, 9432 Southern Pine Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28273. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners List”. You may also view the Official Rules at https://www.bojangles.com/sweeps-rules/.
16. SPONSOR: Bojangles’ Restaurants, Inc., 9432 Southern Pine Boulevard Charlotte, North Carolina 28273.
17. TRADEMARKS: All Sponsor trademarks are property of Sponsor and its affiliates. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, TikTok, or any party other than as expressly stated herein. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes.